Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good long Fantasy book series. Your favorites?



Do you love to read fantasy books? Many people these days love to read the fantasy genre because it provides a reprieve from the day to day norm. For instance when I find a great series, when I finish it I feel a little bit like my new friends (from the book) are moving away and I'll never hear from them again. So lets take a look at which series are good choices to read, good and lengthy as well as really interesting.



When you think of long fiction/fantasy series there is a good chance that Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series comes to mind. It is a 13 book series with one more still to come. Robert Jordan died before finishing the last book, but he left enough notes on what he was going to write that a fantasy author friend of his (Brandon Sanderson) came in to finish for him. The "last" book ended up turning into 3 more large books. I would highly recommend this series although there were times that I felt like all I was reading was politics, politics, and more politics. If you can push through the more boring sections I certainly believe you will be impressed with this series.

Another good series I have read is by David Eddings. The Belgariad is a 5 book series, and then the Mallorean is also a 5 book sequel to the Belgariad. I was intrigued and turning pages non-stop in this series.

Currently I am reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen and am on book 5 of 10. So far this has been a great series too. Im really interested so far, but I am more interested in what other peopls favorite series are so I can look in to those next :)


No comments:

Post a Comment